The growing penetration of IP enabled devices and affordable data plans has set the stage to kick-start the next generation of Pay TV services and OTT video solutions that allow consumers to enjoy movies, live and catch-up TV Everywhere, resulting in exciting new market opportunities for network operators and content owners. Consumer demand for multiscreen services is growing globally and the over-the-top (OTT) TV sector is set to explode. There are now over 2 billion mobile devices that can consume video and that number is growing everyday.
Operators and broadcasters globally must be prepared to adopt and leverage innovative OTT strategies to ensure that they stay relevant and ahead of the curve. To this end, we recognised that not every network operator or content owner has the expertise necessary or indeed the desire to design, build and deploy its own OTT content delivery platform.
By combining technical expertise and deep industry knowledge of media distribution and Internet TV, UUX is able to offer truly world-leading next generation media distribution solutions and platforms, which can be deployed as part of an operator’s infrastructure or as a turn-key end-to-end solution for delivering live TV, catch-up TV and VOD content to IP connected devices.
We are seeing a revolution in TV, primarily due to the seismic shift that is affecting traditional broadcast methods – UUX is focused on enabling the next generation of TV Everywhere, providing the Ultimate User eXperience.
It’s our vision that the Internet TV services trend is a global phenomenon – not just for the developed world. Multiscreen is firmly at the heart of our vision – consumers expect to consume TV on every device they own.
We’ve built UUX to provide everything needed for operators, systems integrators and content owners to deliver on this vision of multiscreen TV Everywhere. We not only provide platforms, solutions and services that enable all operators to launch successful services – we also provide business intelligence and expertise to enable newcomers to be just as profitable as established content businesses.
The growing penetration of smartphones and affordable data plans has set the stage to kick-start the next Generation of Pay TV services, over-the-top (OTT) video solutions that allow customers to enjoy movies, live TV anywhere, resulting in exciting new market opportunities for network operators and content owners.
With this inevitable shift to online communications, the UUX white-labelled, cloud-based OTT solution allows service providers to quickly launch a service of their own. With the UUX video OTT solution, service providers and enterprises can deliver Hollywood movies, live and catch-up TV and VoD to drive traffic onto their network, retain subscribers and increase ARPUs.
UUX allows carriers to take advantage of this market opportunity with a telco-grade cloud TV solution and a suite of battle tested applications to maximize an operator's relationship with the consumer, take full advantage of their network’s reach to build a successful media business quickly and without risk or CAPEX. Through best-in-class technology combined with intimate network integration, UUX delivers a user experience that is vastly superior to that provided by any other independent OTT service.
The UUX video OTT Solution has many unique advantages, including:
- Flexibility: critical in the fast moving online video space. We have designed the UUX platform to be as flexible as possible in content packaging, business model support, content offering and enabling the easy bundling of new free or premium services to existing service plans and support variable subscriber charging packages
- Fast implementation: it’s a challenge for even the world’s largest operators to successfully launch next generation media services. Some carriers have tried to develop their “in-house” digital arms for years and have failed or have not progressed beyond beta launch. We’ve designed UUX to enable any operator in any territory to be able to launch a media business in the minimum time possible.
- A multi-device solution that is optimized for mobile
- A best-in-class mobile device content offering, blending live TV, 14-day catch-up TV and VoD
- The platform can include content acquisition. The UUX merger partners currently have direct deals with Hollywood studios Disney, FOX and Sony, as well as a number of regional content providers
- Faster ROI and cash-flow advantages through the 100% OPEX nature of the UUX platform
- The white-labelled nature of the UUX platform and service allows carriers to enhance their brand through the launch of operator branded OTT video services
- Customizable components and branding allows operators and content owners to fine-tune services to meet current and future business and consumer requirements
- UUX makes selling content and offering content subscription directly to consumers easier and more cost-effective than ever before
- The ultimate goal of UUX is that its platform and services increase ARPUs (Average Revenue per User) and help retain subscribers through media services that provide a very strong differentiation vs. all competitors.