In order to fully understand the enormous potential that UUX can help you tap into, we invite you to see us in action.
Our case studies demonstrate the breadth and depth of the projects we have successfully deployed for our clients.
Telenor Case Study
The continued proliferation of affordable mobile data plans and smartphones, tablets and other connected devices has driven a change in consumer expectation. Viewers now expect their TV offering to include the ability to access content across every screen regardless of where they are. Telenor wanted to enter the OTT market with the knowledge that a premier OTT service could attract new subscribers, retain existing ones and increase ARPUs.
Telenor Hungary deployed the UUX iTaaS (internet-TV-as-a-Service) platform to power its MyTV service in Hungary. By utilizing an iTaaS solution, Telenor has been able to enhance its portfolio with a telco-grade cloud TV solution including a suite of battle-tested applications. These enabled the operator to precisely target premium customers through individual service packages, easy sign-up and efficient billing in a MyTV branded experience.
Telenor Hungary was established under the name Pannon GSM as part of the Telenor Group in 1994. With more than 1,100 employees and a market share of 30%, it is one of the leading mobile operators in the Hungarian market. Telenor Hungary provides efficient, affordable and easy-to-use voice and data services, mobile content and value-added services to 3.5 million consumers and business customers.
Telenor Hungary wanted to refresh its brand and a key part of this process was to implement a solution that was different to anything currently available in Hungary. The company wanted to target prime customers and in order to do so they wanted to attract the highest quality content and create unique packages that would pique the interest of every TV viewer in Hungary.
UUX provided Telenor with an iTaaS platform, which enabled the operator to deliver premium content, live and catch-up TV as well as VoD along with advanced functionality which, taken in tandem, delivers a seamless TV
Everywhere service, including:
· Robustness: Able to cope with hundreds of millions of daily multiscreen interactions and allowing Telenor to integrate elements of a media distribution solution
· Better targeting: Enabling precise targeting via the creation of packages tailored to the customer’s needs
· Seamless integration: Built from modules that work together and integrate with existing network and back office infrastructure and systems to deliver movies, live TV, catch-up TV and VoD
· Flexibility: Deployed in less than three months. UUX provides platform elements that fit in with the existing Telenor ecosystem as well as offer flexibility to adapt to current and future customer needs
· Unified UI: Enabling discovery, control and consumption of a variety of content across all internet connected devices and screens
· Monetization opportunities: UUX iTaaS solution offers the best route towards OTT profitability
· Reduced CAPEX: Launching an internet TV service without the cost and complexity of traditional on premise systems.
The live mobile TV service was launched in less than 90 days. UUX deployed its iTaaS platform to power Telenor Hungary’s MyTV service and leveraged Telenor’s advanced handsets and networks, enabling Telenor to offer live, catch up TV and a vast content catalogue across different devices on its network.
UUX was able to leverage its strong relationships with content owners such as Sony, FOX and Disney, which enabled Telenor to provide mini packages that were specifically tailored to fit consumer needs – even including a free package.
The company empowered Telenor by helping it to acquire premium content and structure its video package offerings. The UUX/Telenor deployment has seen UUX support Telenor throughout the whole chain, from setting up infrastructure to hosting the application and transporting and servicing content.